HELP: Any problems, bugs / suggestions? Tell me now!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dsfshfhsdhf, Dec 12, 2017.

1. dsfshfhsdhf

dsfshfhsdhf Mini Polarbear
    Banned

Ratings:
    +711 / 30
    Hi there guys,
    So as most of you guys probably already know, I've been granted the opportunity to become the manager of this beautiful network today.

I've been scrolling through some posts of people who were putting in suggestions and were complaining.
    I will give you the chance right here and right now to note your problem/suggestion down below, keep in mind that you will have to go in-depth about it since I will try to resolve the problem or do something with your suggestion.
    You can tell me anonymously aswell, just private message me on the forums.
    I know there's a topic for ''bugs, suggestions'' etc but this week I will probably be looking way more here ;)

Anyways good luck!

2. Cold Secrt

Cold Secrt New Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 2
  3. BituteDuzge

BituteDuzge Known Penguin

Ratings:
    +66 / 2
    second and nice thread whatever u made xd

4. Cold Secrt

Cold Secrt New Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 2
    appeal forms like staff forms

• Like Like x 1
  5. Manuel

Manuel Mini Polarbear

Ratings:
    +385 / 10
    Hello there @Thrintios.

I wanted to suggest something on Practice, which I suggested several times before. though it got ignored, whatever.
    My suggestion is that when someone gets's frozen mid-game, the game will stop and disband. Yes, I got inspired by this suggestion from another server (Val*x).

PM me for further information. (I think you know what I mean, if not then feel free to PM me on the forums right here!)

Thanks for your precious time!
    ~ DSF.

6. dsfshfhsdhf

Banned

Ratings:
    +711 / 30
    Your suggestion has been noted.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. dsfshfhsdhf

Banned

Ratings:
    +711 / 30
    What exactly do you mean with this?

8. BituteDuzge

Ratings:
    +66 / 2
    make forms, that will automatically give you template for ban appeal, so players wont need to copy it

9. Manuel

Manuel Mini Polarbear

Ratings:
    +385 / 10
    He means just like staff application (forms)
    Like this: http://prntscr.com/hmjf0q

10. BituteDuzge

Ratings:
    +66 / 2
    yes ik what he mean, im suck at english u know, dont u?

11. Manuel

Manuel Mini Polarbear

Ratings:
    +385 / 10
    I messed up! I meant to quote his post. sorry.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Manuel

Manuel Mini Polarbear

Ratings:
    +385 / 10
    Hello, @Thrintios.

I came back with another suggestion!
    My suggestion is on the practice server. I suggest having 300ms+ players on another proxy (or server) or, having these laggers not able to play unranked matches unless if they fight other laggers. (this could be a very superior solution for people who hate laggers with 170ms+)

Thanks,
    ~ DSF.

13. Podi

Podi VIP
    VIP CheatBreaker

Ratings:
    +219 / 13
    Hello,

I would like that the HP indicator gets added back in, as in like if you hit someone with a bow you get their HP, same goes for the rod.
    That's it. - @Thrintios

14. Jacob°

Jacob° Penguin Extremist
    Woke AF° Woke AF° Woke AF°

Ratings:
    +187 / 11
    make me admin, kthx

15. dsfshfhsdhf

Banned

Ratings:
    +711 / 30
    Letting them play on another proxy/server is not unfortunately not going to happen. About the second thing, think about it like this, rather let them play unranked and you won't lose anything to them, than when you play ranked against someone with high ms and lose your ELO, right?

16. dsfshfhsdhf

Banned

Ratings:
    +711 / 30
    Your suggestion has been noted, sweety.

17. Manuel

Manuel Mini Polarbear

Ratings:
    +385 / 10
    True, fair enough.

18. frostnedle

frostnedle Mini Polarbear
    Gucci Gang

Ratings:
    +277 / 11
    Hello @Thrintios

I would like to propose to add back in HP indicators for when you hit someone with a rod/bow. And if possible then add something like Hyp*xel when you duel someone it shows the damage down at the bottom like; Damage Delt: 5 Hearts.

Also I would like you to add back in /ping to show others ping an also yours, obviously. It would help to see if people are lagging or hacking.

Thanks bby ;) gg for Manager after 5 weeks

19. Dynasty

Dynasty Papa Polarbear
    >Original<

Ratings:
    +1,330 / 58
    Mr.Manager I have 1 thing I want in Christmas this year (Except for my SuperPC worth 1000Euros) I want you to do your best with The Wartic Developers to get yourselves in gear and make me the best Factions Season possible since ColdNetwork is broken at the moment with their Practice. #Remove Practice To A Different IP

20. The_Rod_God

The_Rod_God Penguin

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    I have two important suggestions that would be significantly benificial for the server.

Firstly, there is no way to see if staff are online on the practice server. Commands such as /online and /list do not work, and there is no way to message staff. The /helpop command should be implemented back into the practice server, because more often than not, the chat gets extremely cluttered with people asking for staff to spectate.

Many players also do not know exactly who staff members are, and they do not know if staff have seen their /report or not, resulting in possible large amounts of spam. If players were able to send a message to all staff online, it would make it easier for players to contact staff.

Secondly, I would like to suggest a change in the staff application format, in the questions themselves, as well as as change in the process which staff are chosen.

I feel like the questions asked to applicants have become out of date and are a poor indicator of who would be a good staff member. The questions are very specific to being a staff member, and has no room for creativity, and expression of the candidate's character. Because the questions are so one-dimensional, many responses from different applicants become very similar, because there simply is not much to say.

As well, judging someone by how they write is very difficult to tell what kind of person they are. Even if the application is written by the applicant themselves, they have had supple amounts of time to prepare, edit and revise the application.

In an actual scenario where staff need to act, there is no time to prepare, revise and edit your response. I feel that a written application is able to show how detailed and intellectual an applicant can be, but there needs to be more than just detail and intellect.

I would like to propose more staff to be accepted to "In discussion", and in this phase, those who are chosen to be discussed will be interviewed to access their speaking skills and critical thinking skills.

Allowing more applicants a chance, gives more variety and possibilities for more competent staff. I feel like there shouldn't be a set number of staff that you choose to accept each time, rather that those who prove themselves worthy of the rank should receive it, instead of comparing all the different applicants.

I feel that this would be more fair for staff applicants and would be greatly benificial to the server.

Thanks for reading,
    The_Rod_God

• About Us

ColdNetwork is an online Minecraft: Java Edition network. We are constantly working on Improvements to ensure the best experience for our Players. This is the only official website for ColdNetwork.
  • © 2022 ColdNetwork

• Visit Our Store

In-game items and perks can be purchased on our online store to help improve your gameplay. Thanks for the support!

Store