OP Skyblock 4.0?

Discussion in 'SkyBlock' started by Aegem, Apr 8, 2017.

?

Were these great ideas?

1. Yes! It's what Skyblock needs as of right now

81.8%
  2. No! Skyblock is perfectly fine as is

18.2%
  3. Maybe! There were some things I found odd, but some I found great!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aegem

Aegem New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So after looking back at my latest post; I feel as if I should suggest what needs to be fixed, added, and removed from OP Skyblock. Which may cause an OP Skyblock 4.0 release (doubtful but it would be cool). So I have made a list and all that would help make OP Skyblock great again:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Fix the economy - The economy is absolutely horrendous on Skyblock. It's crazy how on OP Skyblock 2.0, Iron Golem spawners would be bought off of other players for $200,000 in-game money; now they go for $50,000 in-game money per ONE spawner. Which the cause of this is the way crates are setup, and I will get to what should be fixed in crates later on.
    2. Get rid of Skywars - At first this seemed to be a great idea, but now it has turned into the farming of tokens and free money. This game mode has done nothing but destroy the economy even more. This isn't even supporting the ACTUAL game play of Skyblock. Farming tokens has become such a problem that anyone can make millions off of this "tactic" and it drives me insane. I suggest replacing with a dueling plugin and removing the winning of tokens, and having an alternative way of receiving them (will mention in another suggestion).
    3. Fix voting - This actually involves how tokens are achieved on the server and kind of ties into crates as well. Instead of players receiving a vote key, they receive tokens. You can then setup a token shop with items that cost tokens: keys, kits, enchants, etc. Which all would cost a lot more since players can choose from a selection of prizes. This also improves the voting count of the server, and you can increase it by adding consecutive daily voting rewards. For example, for every day you vote you receive more tokens (first day you receive one token, second day you receive two tokens, and so on). The voting party prize needs to be changed or the amount of votes needs to be increased. It seems as if every two days I get TWENTY weekly keys (may I remind you is what broke the economy).
    4. Remove some crates - The amount of crates is horrible, because they are not even close to being balanced. There should only be four crates, and their prizes vary based on the tier of them. Which I don't have much on this topic, because like I said, prizes can vary.
    5. Weekly Crate - This honestly should just be the new OP Crate. I have over 3.4k Iron Golem spawners placed on my island and I still have an extra twenty-two stacks of them. The majority of them are from weekly crates. This crate broke the economy so much, at least the price of Iron Golem Spawners (which have a big role in the economy), that I can buy them from NON-DONORS for $50,000 in-game money. They go for 10x the amount in the donor shop. Crazy right?
    6. Increase the price of iron ingots - Now thinking about it, I know why Iron Golem spawners are worth $50,000 in-game money. Their loot is horrible and iron sells less than just about anything else. Players want Iron Golem spawners because it is known to be the "ideal" spawner in the game; it makes the most money and it shows that you have economical power. That's where they are wrong, I currently sit at a little over 3,456 iron golem spawners in my "grinder" plus another twenty-two stacks lying around somewhere. They are worthless.
    7. Remove custom enchants (replace with another plugin) - The current custom enchants plugin isn't that great honestly. This relates to Iron Golems drop loot. These runes take up more chest space than the poppies and iron ingots combined. Horrible. Especially having over 3,000 iron golem spawners, it seems as if no matter the amount of spawners you have. You get nothing but runes.
    8. Add buyable vanilla enchants shop - This is a very odd request, but this is aiming more towards the non-donors (don't worry guys I still have better suggestions for you all). As far as I know the Rare Kit is the best kit you can get, other than GoD Kit. If these kits weren't obtainable through the token shop, then the level of enchants should be obtainable at a cost (I guess this goes for donors too). Anyways, these enchants should be buyable, but of course at a high cost since it's a donor perk to have this enchanted gear.
    9. Flying enchantment for non-donors - I understand the struggle of not being able to have that nifty good ol' /fly command, so this one is for you non-donors. The custom enchant plugin that I suggest has an enchant known as "Wings" this enchant allows players to fly within their island boundaries without a problem. The only catch is that it's rare to get. No player can get it from buying custom enchants, it is only attainable is a certain tier of crates. This is a way that the server can still allow ALL players to have the ability to fly, but it's not so common. This also still supports the server financially due to the fact that some players will want to purchase a rank for the ability to fly (trust me I thought this all out beforehand, considering I was a network owner before :cool:).
    10. Customize the chat format - Chat is so plain. I have already suggested to Pengurino about changing the chat plugin to one called "DeluxeChat" this adds only cosmetic features but it will help me suggest another thing for that. I honestly love it and think other players will too. I'll post a screenshot of it right about... here!
    http://imgur.com/a/wqakG
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This just about wraps up what should be fixed, added, and removed on OP Skyblock. At this point I'm not even trying to recommend all of these ideas for the sake of my benefit. Just to allow the players to enjoy OP Skyblock again. This is my first step in this task, my next is being able to run OP Skyblock on Coldnetwork (Big task I know, but it's an easy task for me ;)). I do hope that all these go into consideration at least for a new OP Skyblock update.

#1 Aegem, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  2. MatthewDathug

MatthewDathug New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I support all of these ideas, and I hope to see them added to OpSkyblock soon. It would actually make it fun again like the good old days when 600 ig spawners was a ton instead of getting 3.4k 3 weeks. Fix the eco and crates and the server will be so much fun

3. HCF

HCF Known Penguin

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    This thread is full of gooid tip's +1

4. TylerDaBoss

TylerDaBoss Penguin Extremist
    Halloween

Ratings:
    +328 / 23
    I like all of them. I think that you should add /is coop back because as staff, I would like to be able to help ppl build things on their island Everything else is good. #Aegem4Manager

5. EpicBman

EpicBman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    great ideas i would like to see them

6. Panadox

Panadox Penguin

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Can't say much. Agreed 100% I'm a Skyblock player (only) and in 6 years of experience, I've never had that many Igs in such a short period of time. Look up to Aegem's suggestions he's really really going to help you gettingit better @Nick @Pengurino

7. AustinTM

AustinTM New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I agree with all of those that he said but also make supply crates less OP there way too op especially with everyoneach teaming. Plz take theseveral suggestions and use them

8. Panadox

Panadox Penguin

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    And make /god in warp pvp IMPOSSIBLE cause everyone abooses it to get the crates

9. Injured

Injured Known Penguin

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    thanks for taking time to make this, this will be taken into consideration

10. Reyes :D

Reyes :D New Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 8
    I Agree Wtih The Thread

• About Us

ColdNetwork is an online Minecraft: Java Edition network. We are constantly working on Improvements to ensure the best experience for our Players. This is the only official website for ColdNetwork.
  • © 2022 ColdNetwork

• Visit Our Store

In-game items and perks can be purchased on our online store to help improve your gameplay. Thanks for the support!

Store