Closed New Update Rant

Discussion in 'Practice' started by TbhMike, May 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etiuopia

Etiuopia Known Penguin
    Summer 2018 | Forum'er

Ratings:
    +810 / 21
    I'm surprised that after 3 years you still manage to get disappointed

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Aphelios

Aphelios Mini Polarbear
    Banned Demon

Ratings:
    +203 / 5
    yo wtf i should have upgraded to donator+

3. TbhMike

TbhMike VIP
    VIP Summer Halloween

Ratings:
    +390 / 4
    I mean, for every og player this is pretty much normal now. It's like a everyday thing for CN. But, CN did fuck up pretty bad this time.

4. Nick

Nick Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Ratings:
    +993 / 28
    I understand what you're saying, I really do.
    But there's something wrong in this comparison.
    What happened is ultra, master and god ranks got a name tag change to elite. If this was apple this is what happened:
    People who might have had an iPhone 11 Pro (master) or 11 Pro Max (god) got a fully remade iPhone XS Max (elite with a raised price and all god features) with the EXACT same features (everything) as an iPhone 11 Pro but a different name tag because apple wanted to make the amount of phone names lower and remove the 11 series, X series, and 8 series.

And honestly, after 1 year an iPhone's price drops in price, yet they don't give compensation for people who bought it at release?

God gets renamed to Elite with a 25 euro reduction (if we leave the rename out of sight)
    it equals
    iPhone XS Max is now 859,- when I paid like 1059 for it a year ago. Should I receive compensation???

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Xymelin

Xymelin Penguin Extremist
    2018 | Funniest VIP 202002                  Christmas Christmas Halloween                 

Ratings:
    +566 / 3
    Can we take a minute to appreciate how good of a point Nick made, Apple wouldn't give compensation they would just rather slow the old devices down and force you to buy a new one.

Just like the iPhone SE just came out. People who had the original release (old SE) they don't get an upgrade to the new one for free. They are forced to buy it again for full-price.

10/10 Point proven, seconded.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TbhMike

TbhMike VIP
    VIP Summer Halloween

Ratings:
    +390 / 4
    Yes, you tried to do something similar to that. Fair enough. But, let's take a moment to think that it's a rank system. And even Apple doesn't takes away the mobile phones they sold. It isn't like they send FBI to your house and take away your mobile phone. That's what happened here. The prices could've been dropped, we still could have the ranks and you'd just have to remove it from the store. That's what I call polishing up the ranks. But, I appreciate your reply to this situation. :Thumbs-up:

7. Recking

Recking New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  8. BIGal

BIGal Mini Polarbear
    Ex Builder

Ratings:
    +355 / 20
    its a scam my ultimate rank got replaced with some dutty cheaper rank when hcf changed

9. Etiuopia

Etiuopia Known Penguin
    Summer 2018 | Forum'er

Ratings:
    +810 / 21
    the difference between ranks and phones is that phones lose value due to outdated parts, performance and compatibility. ranks can't lose value as all it offers is permissions and a tag. also, apple products devalue as it's guaranteed that a new one will come out within 1/2 years so of course the price will go down, who would pay the same price for something that's outdated? I understand that you wanted to have less ranks, but compensation should be given as you'd have to literally pay for permissions you previously had. though yes you have to make money somehow so you go girl.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Etiuopia

Etiuopia Known Penguin
    Summer 2018 | Forum'er

Ratings:
    +810 / 21
    you fool, you damn foolish sheep. with just be bit of critical thinking you could've figured out that this is not how things work, as again, Minecraft ranks aren't phones.

• Like Like x 1
  11. scorey

scorey VIP
    VIP 202002 Donator OG                                      

Ratings:
    +812 / 40
    just chargeback and rebuy it

12. TbhMike

TbhMike VIP
    VIP Summer Halloween

Ratings:
    +390 / 4
    A lot of things could've happened here... Nick could've just removed the ranks. Or, he could've dropped the prices. The thing that is wrong with this update is that they took away our ranks. And unfortunately, the players who payed more than 70-80EU got a rank that costs 50EU. And the people who had Donator+ also got Elite (50EU rank). Which is unfair.

If you really wanna think like a phone seller then, my friend you can't run a store. Phone is a thing that loses value over time. Because of updates, new possessors, better RAM... But, is a Minecraft Rank similar to a Phone? Absolutely NO.

Nick was giving me example of an iPhone. We all know IOS gives us updates... Updates for every single phone. It isn't like they're giving us updates only for the people who've bought the latest phone, it isn't like they're downgrading us to the older version because we've the old iPhone.

13. Xymelin

Xymelin Penguin Extremist
    2018 | Funniest VIP 202002                  Christmas Christmas Halloween                 

Ratings:
    +566 / 3
    @Nick we should run a mobile busines

14. TbhMike

TbhMike VIP
    VIP Summer Halloween

Ratings:
    +390 / 4
    yes Cold Phone

15. TheFlame_YT

VIP 202002 Flame 2018 | Worst grammar Halloween

Ratings:
    +959 / 58
    I'm locking this thread since Nick explained the reason behind this change and keeping this open would just allow people to post farm.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

ColdNetwork is an online Minecraft: Java Edition network. We are constantly working on Improvements to ensure the best experience for our Players. This is the only official website for ColdNetwork.
  • © 2022 ColdNetwork

• Visit Our Store

In-game items and perks can be purchased on our online store to help improve your gameplay. Thanks for the support!

Store