THRINTIOS: Reason why I permanently resigned / Message to this community

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by dsfshfhsdhf, Jan 20, 2018.

1. dsfshfhsdhf

dsfshfhsdhf Mini Polarbear
    Banned

Ratings:
    +711 / 30
    NOTE: Posted this since it was requested a lot by so many people, this is the last thing I'm going to say about this.

Hi there, Thrintios here.
    So most of you guys know me as the manager from Cold Network, but I permanently resigned yesterday, I'm 99.9% sure that I'm not coming back as a staff member. After I resigned, the whole staff-team, and loads of players started spamming me why I resigned. I actually didn't want to make a post, but I feel like you guys have the right to know. Please do NOT take this post as hate, but something to learn off for in the future.

Let's get right into it.

School
    So basically, everyone uses this as an excuse. I'm not going to say that I'm going to learn 24/7 like the previous time, because I already know that I'm not. But when you did a class 2 times, and you still fail and have to go down to another level after doing so, you know how far you've become. (sarcasm).
    As some of you guys know, I want to go to South Korea in the future, I'm a person who is always looking up to the future, and always worries about it. I know that if I fuck my school up this year, that I will get kicked off. And my future would be fucked, and my dreams have no chance of becoming true.

IRL Life / Friends
    I didn't want to tell this but I couldn't care less at this point since everything is fixed.
    For the past couple of years, I isolated myself in my room, previous schoolyear I actually only had 1 friend. And when I came back from school, I instantly jumped behind the computer for the rest of the day. I lost all my friends which I had in the past (which I'm slowly being friends with again though). Trust me kids, sitting behind your computer the whole day typing shit to each othe isn't worth it, soon or late you'll realise that.

Staff-team / Manager Tasks / Permissions
    So when Nick finally decided to give me manager, I was so damn happy. It felt like a whole new world was open to me. I was so happy with the rank, and I instantly started doing the tasks.
    But after some time I realised that it was way harder than I thought, especially because I didn't have OP perms on forums/ingame/teamspeak. I asked for more permissions multiple times, but Nick refused. One of the reasons was that he had to make the server as safe as possible, which is true. If I was an owner, I don't know either. But you also need to look it from my point of view, managing a server without those permissions is a mission impossible. And I felt like Nick didn't trust me, which made me feel really bad.

Also, all people of the current staff-team are great guys. But they are definitely not on the level where I'm used to. I don't want to say that they're bad, because they're really not. But I bet that 90% of them wouldn't make it 1 week on a server like Velt or Faithful or something like that. They have a lot to learn is what I'm trying to say, and I think that the staff-team should've been a lot better, and I feel like I failed doing that as a manager.

Community
    Cold Network has a good and definitely a loyal community, but on the forums.. jesus motherfucking christ, people are only saying that the server is making ''no improvements'' and that the staff-team is ''complete dogshit'', this is really funny, because I bet that 99% of them didn't actually own a well-running server themself, or that they have actually been in this staff-team, or have been staff on a 200+ playerbase server in general themself. They don't know what it means, and I just think they don't realise what trash/bullshit they're writing, and it kinda started annoying the shit out of me.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them, either on this topic or in a private message, I'll be glad to answer them. Please don't thrash this whole thread with dumb/troll messages.
    NOTE: Do not ask me server-side things or stuff where I'm obviously not allowed to talk about, I'm also not going to leak anything such as staffchats or anything, because I'm not a person like that.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Xen

Xen VIP
    VIP Summer ColdNetwork - Friendly - Ice COLD Ice ✘ - Poor - ✘ ✔ Koala Confirmed ✔ - Xen - Wolf

Ratings:
    +644 / 48
    Well, thats why ,-,

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Papa Polarbear

Ratings:
    +474 / 19
    One of the reasons I personally resigned and i’m going to say this again.

There is no fucking improvements going on the server, everything is the same.

Another reason is that Thrintios, does not have enought permissions to handle the server, I bet Thrintios would do alot of stuff, which he can improve the server more and more.

If the server does not change, its gonna die.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sponsor

Sponsor Papa Polarbear

Ratings:
    +474 / 19
    Personally Thrintios,
    I think we all liked what you did, so don’t feel bad or anything.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cypru

Cypru Developer
    2018 | Developer Respect Honour VIP Summer Christmas Christmas

Ratings:
    +433 / 46
    I will miss you so much.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sponsor

Sponsor Papa Polarbear

Ratings:
    +474 / 19
    And Nick can just do a backup server and the files, since he thinks Thrintios is gonna fucking ETB.
    I doubt he would do that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. m

m Papa Polarbear
        :pray:                  Halloween                 

Ratings:
    +3,394 / 71
    You did a great job at being manager and with more permissions you could have took the server good places

• Like Like x 1
  8. Marazure

Marazure Known Penguin

Ratings:
    +669 / 14
    I fully agree with this. Being a manager without any permissions is one of the hardest things, as you have to take care of everything. Being a manager is harder than a lot of people think, not only are we supposed to do the staff's job in-game, but we have to deal with the staff team as well. Managers have to look at the activity of the staff members, what they are doing AND have to take care of the community. Managers never have ''time off'', people are always seeking help from the managers and you're always busy as one.

Staff members have it a lot easier, as they can go off and do something else and be back a few hours later and continue without anything happening. If a manager does that, when they come back they'll have 20 PMs on the forums, discord, and Skype.

About OP, that's completely true. Managers need the OP to fully do their job, but it's also understandable that Nick doesn't want to give OP to managers to fully protect the server.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx Penguin Extremist

Ratings:
    +75 / 5
  10. Fadil 2

Fadil 2 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bye ;( remember when u drained me on the first day of the elo race xd

11. StaffMasz

StaffMasz Mini Polarbear

Ratings:
    +274 / 7
    Bye i am sorry when i was toxic to u good luck on ur life

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Manuel

Manuel Mini Polarbear

Ratings:
    +385 / 10
    I will miss you Thrintios. Any form of communication? :)
    And what about the second channel that you created recently? Is it going to stay up?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rezar

Rezar Mini Polarbear
    ColdNetwork Egg Gucci Dumb Rich Cold 4Life

Ratings:
    +257 / 8
    well, good bye mate wish you the best.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Near

Near Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ain't that a bitch I have been telling this for a week now!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Nick

Nick Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Ratings:
    +993 / 28
    You were a great manager, I would recommend you to any network.

I do have 1 thing to say, you asked me for /op not for permissions, when I said no I also said if u need any permission you can ask me.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Podi

Podi VIP
    VIP CheatBreaker

Ratings:
    +219 / 13
    Yup

17. xImReedo

xImReedo Penguin Extremist

Ratings:
    +129 / 14
    at least give discord :(

18. SlashBanIP

VIP Duck

Ratings:
    +84 / 4
    This is one of the reasons I came back is so I can help improve the server and community. In order to do this, the only person with the power to give me my ranks back is Nick and he is a hard man to get a hold of. Needless to say I don't know if I will even be given a chance to help improve if I do get a rank. I appreciate the Head Staffs time they took to consider me for staff when all is done.

19. Amazing__

Amazing__ Mini Polarbear

Ratings:
    +301 / 18
    Maybe bring him back so there would be no favoritism by having 2 managers

20. TheDeathBringer

VIP 202002 DuCk

Ratings:
    +3,057 / 33
    5th time resigning? C u when u return again lmao..

• About Us

ColdNetwork is an online Minecraft: Java Edition network. We are constantly working on Improvements to ensure the best experience for our Players. This is the only official website for ColdNetwork.
  • © 2022 ColdNetwork

• Visit Our Store

In-game items and perks can be purchased on our online store to help improve your gameplay. Thanks for the support!

Store