What now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Marazure, Mar 28, 2018.

?

Did I do a good job, Onii-chan?

1. no

6.9%
  2. no

3.4%
  3. no but at least you were a better staff member than dishaan

89.7%
  1. Marazure

Marazure Known Penguin

Ratings:
    +669 / 14
    As some of you know, @Moni and I have resigned from the staff team for several reasons. I think I'd address some of the things as I think that this staff ''team'' isn't a team.

Anyways, I've been staff for 6 days and had my ranks for 5. After 5 days I've reached over 690 punishments while Moni has reached 750+ in 9. We've both been working our asses off to keep practice actually playable because most of the staff team didn't. I've resigned because of school and because I hate MC and Moni resigned because he is my servant and he followed my orders.

I'll make a short list of things which are really bad regarding the staff team.

SS Verified.
    It's 2018, more ghost clients keep coming and coming and yet the managers allow staff to screen share when they can't even find an active auto clicker. @Moni has suggested adding this a while ago, but it's been ignored. For people who don't know what SS Verified is, here's a short summary my friend made.

ScreenShare Verified is a system, a rank and an approval from Head of SS (this meaning that the head of SS approves/gives them permission to screen-share without consent from other staff members). Why do we need it? Some of it has already been explained above but the main reason why we need it is also that the members of the community being ScreenShared are aware that the skills of the staff member in the screen-sharing area are up to standard. This meaning that if they are cheating and they notice that the staff member is SS Verified, they are more likely to admit, knowing their skills. The general reasoning behind the existence of SS Verified is to ensure that the staff members can be trusted in finding clients (efficiently) without the higher staff members having to worry.

Just add SS Verified and you'll see how bad the staff team is when it comes to screen sharing.

Staff Chat
    They still use Skype for their staff chat. I mean, is there anything else I need to say? I actually suggested for it to be moved over to Discord, but the head-management didn't want to become ''We don't like Discord'' and ''We've always had Skype''. But whatever, not my problem that the staff team still lives in 2015.

Promotions aren't based on performance, but the time they've been on the server.
    This is actually true, no matter how good you do, you'll be promoted at the same time as others. You can be the most active T-Mod, have reached 3000+ punishments and the most helpful person, you'll be promoted at the same time as other T-Mods who have done 1/100 of the work you've done. I'm being serious about this, why do you think that staff is not doing their best to get promoted? Well, because you'll be promoted anyway. The only staff members who I've seen do a good job are Panqu, RainbowGirl, Advertizements, Osich, and Moni. The rest has hardly been there, or not at all. Cristo doesn't even have a PC so he has never even received his rank. Callmepro3went on vacation or smthing. MyAim? Azuroh? z8m? Hey? Are you still staff or no? The people who I have not named up are doing their job well and I have no complaints about them, but that doesn't mean they're doing a good job.

Staff Ranks
    What is the point of Head-Mod? What is the difference between Sr. Mod and Head-Mod? What is the difference between Mod and T-Mod? Why are there so many Head-Mods and Sr. Mods? Why are there 2 Mods and 4 Sr. Mods? Basically, there are too many ranks and it's badly organized. Personally, I think there should be a pyramid system when it comes to it. There should be a high amount of lower staff and a low amount of higher staff (as presented in the pictures which you'll see later.)

Make it Helper >> Moderator >> Sr. Moderator >> Admin >> Sr. Admin and everyone shall be happy.

(good staff team http://prntscr.com/ixjepl http://prntscr.com/ixjezp)

Blacklists
    What is the point of a blacklist? I mean, a blacklist should be a ban on the whole network, while here, if you're blacklisted you can still go on the forums if you're blacklisted in-game. Can someone explain to me what the point of this ''blacklist'' is? And why are people being blacklisted so easily? Help?

Assign helpers to game modes.

This isn't exactly necessary now as there are only two game modes, but once KitPvP releases it would be a good idea to assign the new helpers to game modes. It would be a waste if all the new helpers would be staying in Practice and not go on KitMap or KitPvP, therefore this could help the staff team a lot in the future.

Staff Application Format
    The application format is really bad, the questions are easy to answer and there's no creativity. This format doesn't force the applicant to say something new or come up with something, as it's almost always the same. I re-used my application I've used for SilentPvP and this just shows how easy it was for me to get accepted, as you can always re-use your old application. Also, can someone explain to me what the damn point is of the scenarios? We all know that everyone is always lying and they do something else.

oh and the managers are adding nothing new, literally nothing. meme

There are more but I'm hungry.

For people who wish to apply for staff:
    If you wish to be alone most of the time taking care of the server, this is the perfect place for you.

I rate the staff team a solid 5.5/10.

[​IMG]

anyways yeah im leaving and ill maybe post something on the forums once every week or something to show how awesome i am

personal message to nick: wil je die nazi flag of niet?

personal message to asodey: you're not gay and you're not 12 but i still lov you.

#1 Marazure, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Sponsor

Sponsor Papa Polarbear

Ratings:
    +474 / 19
    RIP bro, thanks for considering me as a mod. I have to follow every rule. But, ive been innactive since I had projects and test. Ill be active again when im done.

Bye dude.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spookier

Spookier Papa Polarbear
    Summer 202002 Donator Pro Cold OG Staff Of The Month                                                    Christmas Christmas Halloween                 

Ratings:
    +3,236 / 18
    It was fun working with you & @Moni, I do agree with most things you said in this thread, Good luck with life both of you <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Advertzz

Advertzz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I do agree with the most things you mentioned in this thread and I understand you, hope you made the right choice for you and good bye.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lukas

Lukas Mini Polarbear
    fLICKGAME

Ratings:
    +723 / 76
    Gl in what ever you're going to do, bye

• Like Like x 1
  6. Asodey

Asodey Penguin Extremist
    RomanOG Legend 8 Blocking Penguin Noob fLICKGAME

Ratings:
    +517 / 35
    Im the pyramid leader lolxd

i disagree tbh :/
    Owners:
    Asodey

Admin:
    Nick_0251

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. NotExposing

NotExposing New Member
    Banned

Ratings:
    +35 / 7
    pce

• Like Like x 1
  8. frostnedle

frostnedle Mini Polarbear
    Gucci Gang

Ratings:
    +277 / 11
  9. Cristo

Cristo Penguin

Ratings:
    +33 / 2
    Yikes, well uhh I agree with some of these points. Good luck in the future.

10. EhabSe

EhabSe Penguin Extremist

Ratings:
    +377 / 25
    You were always online and active
    sad to see you go :/

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. H4RIS

H4RIS Known Penguin

Ratings:
    +181 / 23
    i agree with everything

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Callmepro3

Callmepro3 Mini Polarbear
    Summer

Ratings:
    +712 / 23
    You were a hard working staff member
    And you deserved more

Now you can join my island we can have fun xd

• Like Like x 1
  13. Substaince

Substaince Mini Polarbear
    Cold 2.0 Summer Rainbow Cold Staff Team Rich Donator

Ratings:
    +743 / 36
    goodbye, good luck in school!

• Like Like x 1
  14. BIGal

BIGal Mini Polarbear
    Ex Builder

Ratings:
    +355 / 20
    I agreee on the blacklists

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Eclectic

Eclectic Known Penguin
    Incognito Donator

Ratings:
    +111 / 31
    SS Verified.

I have brought it up a few times before but the message gets overlooked with more important tasks. I am not saying that this is not important, but there are always coming up more important things than working out an efficient system for this. This will proberly be made in the near future.

Staff Chat

We still use skype because it was already there. I made a discord server back in the beginning of ColdNetwork when I was a Sr-Admin, this however didn't work out because no one wanted to use discord. But does it really matter where we have a staffchat on? In the end not really, both applications are available on most platforms, we started with skype so we just stick to it.

Promotions aren't based on performance, but the time they've been on the server.

This is wrong, it is based on both, helpers have a set period of 7 to 10 days. For all other rankups we take a vote (Head Staff Members), I personally don't even look at the punishment page for that, why? Because it doesn't really matter in the end, look at my punishments, I get on when I have some spare time, as stated before there are a lot more important tasks to be dealt with, mostly out game.

Staff Ranks

We have a lot of ranks so that people can get promoted more often, because otherwise people will ask for promotions when they are not ready for the next rank yet, and there are differences between the ranks, not always a lot, but there are always different things.
    Head Moderator is already planned to be changed.
    I'm going to skip over the part where you decide who gets a new rank/gets demoted.

Blacklists

I do agree on this with you.

Assign helpers to game modes.

We used to have this at the start of the server but the helpers wanted there ranks everywhere so that they could help out more in all gamemodes, not just one.

Staff Application Format

I also agree on this one, but as stated above, we have more important stuff at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MrCool12371

MrCool12371 Penguin Extremist
    Summer IL ColdNetwork qsfry Christmas Halloween

Ratings:
    +150 / 3
    :/
    have a gud life

17. Vexyh

Vexyh Mini Polarbear

Ratings:
    +1,033 / 37
    ): oh and, by the good staff team i wasnt active due to exams and now im back

18. TheDeathBringer

VIP 202002 DuCk

Ratings:
    +3,057 / 33
    When I was t-mod I worked hard. But lately I haven't been online due to irl stuff. Sorry babe.

19. Marazure

Marazure Known Penguin

Ratings:
    +669 / 14
    You're a manager, it's not your job to do punishments. Punishment pages DO matter, as that's the job of the staff. Punishing players and helping players, those are the two main things still are required to do when staffing. If so, what else does matter? You make it seems like you're favoriting one over another.

People will always complain regarding their rank, they always think they deserve a promotion when they do jack all, that's how it has always been. But having so many ranks is useless, as there is absolutely no difference between Head-Mod and Sr. Mod. The Sr. Mod rank could fulfill the current Head-Mod and Sr. Mod job and Mod could fulfill the mod and t-mod's job.

thanks, just my opinion tho

Like what? I mean, implementing the SS Verified system could take less than 20 minutes. All you need is a Head of SS who takes care of something while you have to do nothing. Just give it to someone who is the most experienced regarding screen sharing and you're done with it.

Whoever moved my thread, have you not read this thread? I literally said that I'm quitting and that this will be one of my last posts if not the last.

• Like Like x 1
  20. m

m Papa Polarbear
        :pray:                  Halloween                 

Ratings:
    +3,394 / 71
    It takes them too long to assign that role to someone and create a teamspeak rank

• Like Like x 1
  • About Us

ColdNetwork is an online Minecraft: Java Edition network. We are constantly working on Improvements to ensure the best experience for our Players. This is the only official website for ColdNetwork.
  • © 2022 ColdNetwork

• Visit Our Store

In-game items and perks can be purchased on our online store to help improve your gameplay. Thanks for the support!

Store